This recipe comes from our mom´s family, she doesn´t know we are posting it – and probably will get somewhat mad when she finds out, if she ever does, that is- but anyways here you have it.
This bread is one of the things our dad loves. This and nuts and dried fruits, so everytime we make this recipe, we have to add, almost necessarily, dried cranberries, dried plums, some kind of nuts, almonds, etc. But if you don´t enjoy those things that much feel free to omit them.
*Quick tip. The more overripe the bananas are, the sweeter the bread.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that everything´s mixed in only one bowl, and that´s a relief later on, when it´s time to do the dishes.
- 5 eggs
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 overripe bananas
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a bundt cake pan (greased and floured).
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Then add the bananas, flour, baking soda and salt, and mix just until all the ingredients are icorporated.
- Add nuts and dried fruits if desired and pour the batter over the pan. Bake for 1 hr. or until golden brown.