Guava cream pie. I love guava and i love cream pies. This is a super fast dessert to make and it will make you look like a total pro.
Picture this: a cookie and nuts crust, with a not-so-sweet creamy filling and a sweet guava and dulce de leche topping, you definetely have to try it!!
Our recipe has a pie crust that bakes for about 10 min, only because I feel this way it becomes firmer, which is what I want when the time to cut it comes. But you can totally skip this part if you don´t mind the consistency and still get a wonderful pie.
Guava cream pie
For the crust:
- 7 oz (200 gr) Maria* Type vanilla cookies
- 3.4 oz (96 gr) Ritz* type cookies
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4.8 oz (135 gr) unsalted butter soft or melted
- Chopped nuts optional
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz (226 gr) cream cheese
- 8.5 fl oz (250 ml) cream cold
- 3/4 C confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8.5 fl oz (250 ml) whipping cream
For the sweetened guavas:
- 10 guavas small
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- Dulce de leche to taste
For the crust:
- Ground the two types of cookies in the blender or in a food processor until you get a fine powder, and then place that in a big bowl.
- Add in the sugar, cinnamon, ginger and the nuts.
- Add the butter and mix using your hands until a sort of dough forms.
- Place this dough in a pie mold and flatten it.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 min. so that it turns gold.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool down completely
For the cream filling:
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners sugar (previously sifted) together. Incorporate the vanilla and mix again.
- Apart form that, beat the whipping cream until is semi-whipped.
- Incorporate the semi-whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, careful not to lose the air in the mixture.
For the sweetened guava:
- Rinse the guavas. Cut them in half and take the seeds out. Then chop them into small pieces.
- Place the guavas along with the sugar in a medium hot pan.
- Mix a little and wait until a soft caramel forms.
- Take out of the fire and let it cool completely.
- Put over the crust a layer of dulce de leche and a layer of guava.
- On top of that , pour the filling. then let it sit in the fridge for an hour, since i recommend it to be firm before adding the next layers.
- Add the rest of the guavas on top of the cream and garnish with enough dulce de leche.
- Let it cool for about 3 hours at least in the fridge.