Lady fingers are too basic and way to usefull to make another desserts, like tiramisu or charlottes. Without further addo, here´s the recipe.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C cake flour
- Beat egg whites until they hold soft peaks, then slowly add in half of the sugar and keep beating until they form stiff, glossy peaks.
- In a different bowl beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar and the vanilla extract. They should be light and fluffy. Carefully stir this mixture into the previous one.
- Slowly and carefully, stir in the flour until well incorporated.
- Using a piping bag, make 4 inch long lady fingers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 380°F for about 15 min. They should come out just slightly golden.
- Let them cool completely before using them for something else.