Lady fingers are too basic and way to usefull to make another desserts, like tiramisu or charlottes. Without further addo, here´s the recipe.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C cake flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Separate the eggs, and place the whites in a big bowl, that has to be dry and clean; and the yolks in another bowl which then you´ll cover with plastic wrap so that it doesn´t curd. Set aside until needed.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites with half of the sugar for 4 minutes until peaks form.
- In a different bowl, beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar and vanilla until the mixture turns fluffy, lighter in color and a number eight can be formed with the string of batter without breaking.
- Incorporate the egg whites to the beaten egg yolks using a rubber spatula, doing a circular motion, from the outside in until everything is well combined.
- Carefully incorporate the sifted flour in three different additions and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a pipping bag and pipe 4 inches long lady fingers in a pan lined with parchement paper.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes or until they start turning golden brown on the sides.
- Let them cool down completely before using.