These cookies are by far my mom´s favorites; because she loves everything nutty, and I mean really really nutty.
My sister and i had tried to make this recipe a couple months ago, but it didn´t come out well. Now we tried it again, changing a few things, and the cookies came out just perfect. Seriously, THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES OF THE WORLD!!!
- 1 C unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 C all purpose flour, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 1 C chopped pecans, not ground
- 1/2 C powdered sugar for garnish
- Cream together butter and sugar for about 2 min. and add the vanilla extract.
- Incorporate sifted flour, salt and pecans, and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 min.
- Form little balls and place them into a baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 min. or until lightly golden brown.
- Just after they get out of the oven, roll them into the remaining sugar.
- Let them cool completely.