Chocolate lava cake ir the perfect recipe to use when in trouble, because is super fast and easy to make. If you have unexpected visitors, this is ideal, because it won´t take you longer than 20 min. and they´re best eaten right out of the oven, plus they look so professional that everybody will think you took your time making something special for them.Jump to Recipe
A coulant or chocolate lava cake ir a small cake (with lots of chocolate) that is cooked for a shorter time, for the inside to still be liquid and come out like when eating it. And do not worry about the egg being raw, because these are cooked in the oven from 10 to 12 minutes at 375º F (180º C), so even if it’s still liquid, usually that temperature is hot enough to sort of cook it.
A chocolate coulant or chocolate lava cake is also really pretty and fun. I like it a lot with some confectioners or powdered sugar on top, just for decorating, and eat it along with some vanilla ice cream, there’s nothing better than that. The decadent chocolate and the fact that the lava cake is hot and the ice cream is cold is amazing. You could also serve it with some raspberries or strawberries on the side for example, and it will be perfect.
For us, this recipe has become our sunday afternoon favorite, for watiching a movie or hang out with family or friends. It’s called chocolate lava cake because it looks firm on the outside, but once you pinch it you can see the inside is runny chocolate!
If you like this recipe you have to see our chocolate brownie cookies.
Chocolate lava cake
- 3.2 oz (90 gr) unsalted butter
- 2 oz (60 gr) milk chocolate
- 2 oz 60 gr) semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 C confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C all purpouse flour
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small pot, place the water and heat it to boil.
- In a heat resistant bowl, put the two types of chocolate and butter, and place this on top of a pot wth boiling water in it, for the chocolates to melt.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until this mixture lightens and gets fluffy, you should be able to make an number eight with the resulting batter.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Lastly, add in he flour and salt, previously sifted or until it is all well integrated.
- Bake in Individual molds (ramekins) or cupcake molds previously greased at 350°F for 10-12 min. (it is important not to go over this time, otherwise the lava cakes will fully cook).
- Serve right after ready and dust confectioners sugar on top.