These cookies are so good!, they´re crunchy yet soft. This was the first time we used lavander to cook something, and wow! I thougth it wasn´t that strong, we used a small quantity and the kitchen smelled like like lavander for the whole day.
Plus, these cookies are really practical because once you have done the dough, you can shape it as a cilinder and then freeze it, then just take them out, chop the cilinder to make the cookies and bake them whenever you need them.
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp dry lavander flower
- The juice of a lime
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 C all purpose flour, sifted
- In a big bowl, cream butter, sugar and lavander together.
- Add in the lime juice and zest. Then beat in the egg.
- Beat in the flour and the baking powder and keep beating until fully incorporated.
- With clean hands, make two cilinders with the dough (like logs) and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take out of the fridge, place them on a cutting board and slice the dough logs into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Place the cookies on a previously greased baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10-15 min. without letting them turn golden that much.