These S’mores brownies are just amazing. An S’more is a really traditional dessert in the United States and Canada. It is usually eaten around a bonfire while camping or on the beach with friends or family. It is a melted marshmallow with a piece of chocolate placed in the middle of two Graham type cookies (which we all know are really famous, and are used a lot to make pie crusts for example). I you do happen to be around a bonfire then you cook the marshmallow in the fire with a stick until it is soft and then make the S’more with a piece of chocolate and the cookies, which makes the chocolate soft and start to melt too.Jump to Recipe
So our brownies have all the great things a classic S’more has. It has a layer of cooki underneath, then the soft and mellow brownie, and the marshmallows on top, that melt in the oven, with some more chocolate as a drizzle on top.
The best thing is to eat then right after cooking in the oven, when they are still hot. Of course you do have to wait a little to cut the brownies into squares, but make sure you eat them as soon as you can, so they are still warm and the marshmallows are melted still. Now picture this, the crunchiness of the cookie, with the softness of the brownie and the sweetness of the marshmallow, YUM!
The marshmallows have to turn golden brown on top, because that gives it a great tasting layer and flavor. To achieve that, as stated in the recipe, you have to leave the brownies in the oven and use the “grill” mode in your oven (which some have), or if not, you can use a kitchen torch to do this manually after you bake your brownies.
If you love brownies, or chocolate at all, then you will totally love these brownies, plus they are so cute! They have it all.
If you like this recipe you have to go see our classic brownies recipe and also go check out our birthday blondies recipe.
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 C water boiling
- 3/4 C unsalted butter
- 2 C white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 C all purpouse flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Graham type cookies enough quantity
- Marshmallows small white ones
- 1 bar Semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (175º C).
- To make the brownie mix, in a bowl, place the cocoa powder, baking soda, and the coffee. Add in the boiling water and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the melted butter, sugar and eggs, one by one, and then add the vanilla.
- Lastly add the flour and salt, and mix everything.
- Now, in a previously greased pan place a layer of cookies and on top of this pour the brownie mixture.
- Bake at 350° F (175º C) for 20 min. aprox.
- Take out of the oven and while still hot, put the marshmallows on top, without leaving spaces between them (they will start to melt a little).
- For the marshmallows to be gold, take the whole thing into the oven using the grill mode, or use a kitchen torch.
- Finally, melt the chocolate bar and using a spoon or with a small pastry bag drizzle the top of it all. And then cut into small squares.