Waffles are a brunch or breakfast classic. I have always enjoyed breakfasts. It may be my favorite favorite meal of the day, which is why I don’t get people who don’t like having breakfast, or just have a coffee in the morning. Having all of these yummy breakfast recipes you can eat. Breakfast ior brunch are the perfect meals to eat both sweet and savory things, which is great, because it is filled with possibilities.Jump to Recipe
Waffles are one of these possibilities, because they are somewhat neutral in flavor, so they can be eaten along with eitehr savory or sweet things. You can put some honey, maple syrup, jam, whipped cream, cream cheese, melted cheese, dulce de leche, condensed milk, spinach, ham, bacon, fruit, fried eggs or poached eggs on top. You can even put some fried chicken on top and it goes great. One of our favorite combinations is some nutella with cream cheese and slices of banana. YUM!
Now, this recipe is really easy and quick to make, but you do need a waffle iron or waffle maker to make this. It does not have to be something over the top, any waffle maker will do. Depending on which you buy, or already have, each one has different cooking instructions.
- 2 C all purpouse flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C whole milk warm
- 1/2 C unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, sift and combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar and set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs along with the milk, butter and vanilla extract. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Cook the waffles in a hot waffle pan, and wait until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve right away the way you prefer.