We had been wanting to make this lemon pound cake for quite a while now, we wanted it to be delicious, soft, dense yet fluffy, that tasted enough like lemon, that it was moist but not too much, sweet but only enough, everything a pound cake should be to begin with. And this is just that! with a glass to pour over it if you want to, and we en up with something amazing!
This pound cake is perfect to eat with a cup of hot tea. There will be for sure people who will want to eat it with some coffee or milk, but I assure you there´s no better pair for this than hot tea, whichever you prefer.
One more thing, we´re so thrilled because this is the first recipe we upload as a video to youtube! and now we will try to make it a from now on thing for all the next recipes.
If you want to watch the video click the following link: lemon bundt cake video
For the bundt cake:
- 225 gr. (1 C) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 C sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C buttermilk
- 1/3 C greek yogurt (sugarless)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 C Confectioners sugar
- Lemon juice (start with 1/2 tsp, add more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a big bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, until the mixture starts to lighten and becomes fluffy.
- Beat in the oil. Then add in the eggs, one by one, beating after each addition until fully incorporated. Add in the vanilla and beat again.
- In a small bowl, using a spoon mix the buttermilk, and lemon zest and juice, and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour and salt, and also set aside.
- Beat in a third of the flour mixture, and then half of the buttermilk mixture, continuing like that, aleternating, finishing with the flour, and continue beating until you get a fluffy, bumpless batter.
- Pour the mixture in a pound cake pan (the one of your choice) previously greased and floured.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 1 hour aprox. or until the pound cake turns golden, or when inserting a wooden stick, this comes out clean.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix the confectioners sugar and tyhe lemon juice using a spoon, until you get a glaze.
- Once ready, let the pound cake cool down in the pan, to then turn it over and let it cool down some more time. Lastly, glaze the pound cake as much as you want.