Over the holidays, our parents came visit us, yay! on the other hand, while traveling we didn´t have wifi all the time so nay! I was out of Spain, so my Cellphone plan didn´t have coverage there, also, I had little time to sit and work on basically anything, so I prioritized school, which is pretty obvious, but it was sad not to have time to make an update, or post something on here. I´m still in the middle of some exams, but I´m starting to see the light now.
Quiche is one of those things that are perfect to make ahead. You make it one day and can eat it for the next two or three days. Now, there are a bunch of ways to make a quiche, but, my favorite is this one right here. Spinach, bacon, mushrooms and onion.
Now, I will be honest here, we didn´t make the crust from scratch, we bought a premaid quiche crust, which save so much time! So in this recipe I only mention how to make the filling, but I will certainly be posting a recipe or updating this one here, on how to make the crust from scratch.
- 1 onion
- 1 cup bacon cut in small pieces
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 3 cups spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat a pan to medium heat. Meanwhile chop the onion into small pieces. Once the pan is hot enough, stir the bacon and inion together, until the onion starts to turn golden and the bacon cooks.
- Stir in the mushrooms and let it all cook for about 2 minutes. Then add in the spinach and keep on stiring until it cooks. Then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 392°F (200°C)
- Crack open the 6 eggs in a bowl, and whisk them all together. Whisk in the milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Then add the spinach, mushrooms, onion an bacon and mix using a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Roll out the premade dough and place it on a pie pan, making sure to arrange the edges, or cutting extra dough if necessary.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the quiche crust and bake at 392°F (200°C) for about 25 minutes, or until the egg mixture isn´t wiggly anymore and the top starts to urn golden brown.