These birthday blondies with chocolate are so yummy. If you do not know what blondies are, they are just like a brownie, but without the cocoa powder, which makes them a sort of brownie but vanilla brownies. That’s why they are called “blondies”.Jump to Recipe
But since I like blondies to have something extra, we add some chocolate. Now, we use “lacacitos” this time (similar to m&ms), but you could just use chocolate chips or even just chocolate chunks.
Something to take intoi account if you use lacacitos or m&ms, is that they sometimes shed some color into the blondies themselves. Also, if you want to use chocolate chips or chunks, make sure to use chocolate that is made to be used for baking, so that they hold up while cooking.
Now, these blondies are great. For children, for example, this is the perfect dessert, because it is easy to make and fun. If we add colored chocolate, like we did here, you could use them to celebrate birthdays and even add some candles.
Something important to mention is that these blondies are more cakey, meaning they are not chewy or fudgy, but rather fluffy and more cake-like. This is because I usually prefer them this way. If you are looking for a chewy blondies recipe, we will for sure upload one soon.
If you like this recipe, you have to go see our classic brownies recipe, they are just perfection.
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter melted
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C all purpouse flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C m&m´s
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C) and prepare a square baking pan of about 9×9 inches (22x22cm) by spreading some butter and flour, for the blondies to be easily turn out after baked.
- In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter and both brown sugar and granulated sugar for about 5 min.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Now, using a rubber spatula, mix in the flour, baking powder and salt, in a folding manner, from the outside in.
- After it is all well mixed, stir in the m&m´s, pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake at 356°F (|80°C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once baked, and cooled, cut the blondies into 16 squares.