This yogurt pound cake is the perfect dessert or snack. In summer this dessert is just ideal. It is fresh, acid and sweet at the same time. My favorite way to eat it is with a cup of tea (that is not that hot) or a cold chai latte for example, or even just a plain old glass of milk. It is really good just like that.Jump to Recipe
Here in Madrid the cold times have gone away, and we are going through a mid time heading to heat for some days alternating with rainy ones until finally it will be the heat of the summer. And with it, desserts should be fresh, and simpler, something precisly like this: lemon pound cake, that calls for yogurt which makes it extra fluffy and rich.
To this pound cake, you can add a simple confectioners sugar and lemon glaze on top. You just mix it and it’s done. Its texture can be runny or thicker, depending on how you prefer it. Once the pound cake has cooled down, just add some glaze on top to decorate. It goes great woth this glaze.
The best thing is it can be made using the individual yogurt container the recipe calls for, and if you don´t have one just measure the ingredients as you would with any other recipe.
If you like this recipe, you have to see our cherry cake recipe, which is just amazing.
Yogurt pound cake
- 4.5 oz -125 gr- (1 small package) plain yogurt
- 1 measurement (using the yogurt package) vegetable oil , of soft flavor
- 2 measurement (using the yogurt package) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 measurement (using the yogurt package) all purpouse flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice , optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C).
- In a big bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar using a kitchen whisk until the mixture starts to get fluffy and triple in size.
- Best in the vanilla extract and the lemon juice. Then add in the yogurt and oil and carefully mix it all together.
- In a different bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder, to then add them to the previous mixture.
- Pour the batter in a previously greased and floured poun cake mold and bake at 375°C (180°F) for 45 minutes aproximately or until a wooden stick comes out clean when inserted.