This turkey buddha bowl is great. A buddha bowl is one of those things you can improvise. You make it using what you have. ¡A little bit of this, a little bit of that and done! If you have been visiting this blog for a while, then you know our specialty are desserts.Jump to Recipe
But the truth is we like cooking almost everything, and with savory recipes we have more fun because we don’t have to worry about measuring the ingredients. When making desserts you have to measure every ingredient you use, because if you use more or less of some ingredients, or use something else instead, the result may be completely different.
But when it comes to savory recipes, you have more freedom, which doesn’t make it any easier, but you can be more creative, which is both flexible and fun.
And when it comes to a dish like this, even more. The idea behind a buddha bowl is to have many different toppings in small portions, it can be vegetables, protein, seeds, etc. Everything small. So you end up with a really photogenic bowl, which is actually one of the recipe’s perks, I mean, Who are we kidding? That’s the beauty of a buddha bowl, picking the ingredients you like, using a leafy green base, and place all the other ingredients on top, with total creative freedom.
Here we make it with turkey and vegetables that we love and that also look gorgeous together. You can choose the ingredients you like and the bowl will be just as good, you could easily make it vegetarian or even vegan. We will for sure continue to make more of these bowls, because they are so versitile. We give you here this recipe, which you will love!
And as we always say, with this dish, as with everything in the kitchen, you have to have fun while making it!
Now,this recipe is to make one buddha bowl, but you could easily double or triple the recipe to make food for more days or for more people.
If you like this recipe, then you will love our spicy chicken salad.
Turkey buddha bowl
- 1/4 C long grain rice or basmati rice
- 1/3 zucchini
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 sweet corn on the cob
- 1/2 pounds (200 gr) turkey breast
- 2 C canons or arugula or mixed
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- olive oil for cooking and as a dressing
- In a pot, bring about 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling add in the rice and cook until the grain is soft, about 16 minutes. Then drain the excess water.
- In the mean time, preheat a pan to medium heat and add some olive oil. Meanwhile, slice the zucchini, chop the tomato in big pieces, slice the avocado and cut the corn in half.
- Once the pan is hot cook the zucchini, adding some black pepper, salt and garlic salt. Flip each slice only once, when they are roasted. Set the zucchini aside in a plate, add some more oilive oil and now cook the corn cob pieces, turning them until roasted too, and also set them aside once ready. Then cook the turkey flipping it only once, and seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Once the turkey is cooked, slice it.
- In a deep plate, place the canons or arugula. Then start placing everything on top. Start with the turkey on one side, the corn cob next to it, then the rice, tomato, and the avocado to complete the circle, and lastly put the zucchini in the middle of the plate.
- Drizzle some olive oil and some more salt on top of it all.