Banana bread pudding is an reasy recipe to make. It is really moist and sweet, it is soft and tastes a lot like banana, which is amazing. It is perfect to have for breakfast or as a dessert for any hour of the day, or as a snack on the afternoon.Jump to Recipe
This is a bread that is really juicy on the inside, which is perfect to eat with some honey, or some maple syrup, or even agave syrup and some extra banana slices. On the top, a crisp yet soft crust forms.
Making a pudding is the easiest thing in the world. You have to have a day-old bread, and, in this case, bananas. The rest are basic ingredients we almost have at home all the time, we mix them and soak the bread in them, and then bake the whole thing and you’re done!
This is the perfect dessert for lazy people, for the ones that cannot bring themselves to make a complicated recipe, and it is foolproof, or those who have never baked a thing in their life-proof. So, stay calm, it will come out great!
We usually make it in a small pan, but you can make it in a bigger pan or mold and double the recipe. Use the bread you have at home, and depending on the amount of bread you have you can make a small or big banana bread pudding.
Banana, as always, is a fruit that goes great with almost anything and in almost any recipe, because of its flavor, sweetness and texture, because it’s creamy and soft, plus it bakes beautifully and gives every recipe a great extra.
If you like this recipe, you have to go check out our healthy banana bread.
Banana bread pudding
- 3 eggs big
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 oz (30 gr) butter melted
- 4 C day old bread in pieces
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a big bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, beating until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Beat in the butter. Then add in the milk, cream, mashed banana, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until well combined.
- Grease with butter a rectangular pound cake pan and place the bread pieces in it, then pour the previous mixture over the bread. Let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Once this time has passed, bake the pudding for 40 minutes aprox.