This spicy chicken salad is really good. It is no surprise that we like strong flavors, maybe because we enjoy chile since we are mexicans. So when thinking about this recipe we wanted the chicken to be flavorfull, not specially “enchiloso” (meaning with lots of chile) but wanted it to taste great.Jump to Recipe
In these busy days midweek we usually don´t have the time to cook something too complicated or even cook at all. This is pretty obvious by now, but meal prepping is really helpful, it saves you time and money most of the time. This recipe is one of those recipes that is just perfect to take to work in a tupperware, and it is made really fast and easyily.
You can actually cook and make the chicken days ahead and just assemble the rest of the ingredients the same day. The chicken here is the important part, it just tastes great and with the rest of the ingredients in this recipe we have a great salad that tastes amazing, is quick and fast to make and is healthy.
If you make this recipe to take with you to work or school, a good tip is adding some lemon juice on top so the avocado does not turn black as fast and you get a lemony flavor that does not hurt anyone. Or even better if you can take the amount of avocado you need while still in its skin, it will be green and fresh for longer.
Now, the quantities here are made for 2 portions, but in this case you can always make more for more people or to eat throughout the week, for example.
If you like this recipe you have to see our quinoa salad with pomegranate, or maybe go check out our orange chicken recipe.
Chicken with spices salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- oil for cooking needed amount
- 1 tsp oregano dry
- 1 tsp basil dry
- 1/4 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp red pepper ground
- 1 tsp maggi seasoning
- 1 tbsp english sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp siracha sauce
- lettuce mix needed amount
- lambs lettuce needed amount
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes in half
- 3/4 C fresh cheese in cubes
- 1 avocado in cubes
- olive oil needed amount
- Preheat a pan to medium heat with some cooking oil. Cut the chicken into small pieces or about 1 inch (2cm) and add some salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken and add the oregano, basil, curry, red pepper, maggi seasining, english sauce, soy sauce and siracha sauce. Keep stiring until the chicken is fully cooked, adding more oil or spices if needed. Take out of the fire and then set aside.
- Place the mixed lettuce and lambs lettuce in two plates, mixing them. Put the tomatoes, cheese cubes, avocado cubes and then the chicken.
- Drizzle some more olive oil on top and some more salt as a dressing.