This no-knead pizza is one of my favorite recipes, specially when we add pepperoni and lots of cheese. At first pizza seems like a hard thing to make because of the dough, but it is actually the easiest part for me, specially this one, since you don´t have to knead it.Jump to Recipe
We have to let you know right away that since you don´t have to knead this dough, it will take at least a day of it resting to get the same results. It is best to make it 2 days befores baking and leaving it in the fridge, you will then get the best of flavors.
The good thing about pizza is that you can add whatever you like and make any version of it you want, lots of cheese, deli meats or even vegan. This is why this in this recipe we will give you the specifics of how to make the perfect pizza dough, and then you can add your favorite toppings.
One of the most important tricks to make pizza dough that is fluffy yet crunchy is to cook it over high temperature. If you were to make it in a stone oven then even better but since this recipe is to be made at home, you´re best option is to buy a “pizza stone” which is a piece os “stone” that can be made in different materials that transfer more heat to the food, so to speak, and are as close as you can get to baking your pizza in a stone oven.
These stones have to be properly used to get the results we want and guarantee they last longer. The good thing is they are easy to use because you just have to put it in the oven about 1 hour before baking your pizzas and then cook directly on the stone.
If you are interested in buying a pizza stone, we recommend this Jamie Oliver pizza stone and serving rack.
Buying a pizza stone can be a great investment if you enjoy making pizzas and want to get a more profesional result. However, it is not completely necessary to have one to make good pizzas, the most important thing is to bake the pizzas over high temperature for a short period of time.
This no-knead pizza dough, just like any other pizza dough, can be made and put in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months, and you will still get the same texture and flavor. It is best to store it in individual (for each pizza) plastic bags to make it easier once you want to bake it. If you want to make pizza using a refrigerated dough, you have to take it out of the fridge 1 hour before baking, and if you want to use a frozen dough you have to first put it in the fridge for 1 night and take it out of the fridge 1 ohur before baking.
If you like pizza, go check out our classic pizza recipe!
For the no-knead dough:
- 5 1/4 C (24 oz) (680 gr) bread flour , or all purpouse flour
- 2 C (16,30 fl oz) (480 ml) water, lukewarm
- 1/8 tsp (0,13 oz) (3.5 gr) active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp (1,30 oz) (37 gr) white sugar
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) (30 ml) olive oil
For the toppings:
- 21 – 27 oz (600 – 750 gr) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10,50 oz (300 gr) tomato sauce
- 3 tsp oregano dry
- Pepperoni or chorizo
- Cornmeal for the dough (optional)
For the no-knead dough:
- In a bowl or a big tupper, add the warm water, sugar and yeast and mix using a wooden spoon, then let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in the oil and mix. Add the sifted flour and salt and stir with the wooden spoon until a sticky dough forms.
- Close the tupper or cover the bowl and let it rest for 20 minutes. Once this time has passed, wet your hands a little and fold the dough onto itself, by rolling out the dough and folding it, to put the gluten to work. Cover the dough again and let it sit for 20 minutes. Repeat this process once more, finishing by folding the dough in an "envelope" form (in the same bowl fold it onto itself) (you have to fold the dough three times in total).
- Divide the dough in three equal parts. Place each dough piece in plastic bags with some oil in them so they don´t stick. Put in the fridge for at least 1 day (you can leave it there for up to 4 days) (the ideal time is to leave it there for 2 days). You could also freeze the dough for up to 2 months.
- Take the dough out of the fridge at least 1 hour prior to baking. Preheat the oven at maximun temperature and put in the "pizza stone" in case you are using one.
- On a clean surface with some cornmeal (or all purpouse flour), roll out the dough using your hands to make a circle of about 11,80 inches (30 cm) in diameter.
- Place the rolled out dough on a piece of parchment paper, to the add the toppings. Start by adding the tomato sauce, cheese and the toppings you want, we add oregano and pepperoni.
- Once the pizza is ready, put it in the oven with the parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pizza is lightly golden brown. If using a "pizza stone", bake directly on the pizza stone, it will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Follow the sme process to bake the rest of the pizzas and once ready cut them into 8 slices. Ready!