A pulled pork burguer is a good idea on the weekends, whether it is friday, satyurday or sunday (although for me thursday counts as weekend too).
I say on weekends because it is a good idea since you have to first make the pulled pork which takes some time. Here we give you our pulled pork recipe so you can easily make it. You could actually make it ahead and then use it some other day to make these burguers.Jump to Recipe
Pulled pork is one of those amazing things cooking has given has. The cooking time makes the pork end up so soft and juicy, practically melting in your mouth. The key to make these burguers is of course making the pulled pork the star of the show. Which is why we only use some cheese and crispy fried onions to give it that crunchiness.
The buns you use have to be soft and buttery. We actually use a somewhat sweet brioche. You can make our brioche buns recipe, they always turn out wonderfully.
The good thing about this recipe is that it is done in 10 minutes. You can make the pulled pork ahead and have it ready for whenever you want to make these hamburguers. You could even freeze the pulled pork and it will last way longer.
We usually always imagine hamburguers with ground beef but it is amazing to be able to try it different ways like this. The main thing as I said before is the pulled por, and you could actually use other ingredients to go along with it if you wanted to.
The happiness any bread itself gives me is a lot, and if you on top of it put some pulled pork in it, is just another level. If you like this recipe you have to go check out our caramelized red cabbage burguer.
Pulled pork burguer
- 1 whole recipe of our pulled pork
- 5 buns brioche buns (you can use our recipe)
- 5 cheddar cheese slices
- 5 tbsp crispy fried onions
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) (30 gr) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375º F (180º C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Have a one of our pulled pork recipe batch ready.
- Cut the buns in half and place them on the baking sheet. Spread some butter on them on both sides. Bake for 5 minutes until slighty golden brown.
- To assemble the burguers, take the buns out of the oven, spread some mayonnaise on them on the inside and put some pulled pork on each bottom half of the buns, then a slice of cheddar cheese and crispy fried onions. Put the other half of each bun on top and put the burguers in the oven for 3 minutes for the cheese to melt and for all the flavors to come together.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!