Sweet potato and broccoli breakfast hash. Here it comes, a 100% summery recipe.
It is summer now definitely. Heat is here now in all it´s glory. We are drawn to fresh things: we want cold drinks, a cold shower, cold weather and food. And when it comes to food we mostly want it to be quite light even if it is not cold per se. We want something that picks us up after being out all day in the heat.Jump to Recipe
It is summer, our body can feel it, and we all know it: we want some summery food. We love gazpacho, salmorejo but we want something else to help us achieve that “summer body”, although, I must say, we should only focus on the summer part of it and not the body, we just have to be healthy, and that´s different for everybody.
I have to say we should enjoy both summer and winter, every season has something special about it. When it comes to brocoli we do think it desserves some more love from all of us.
This sweet potato breakfast hash is not made in the oven. It is great to cook without using the oven sometimes, because of the heat in the kitchen. This dish is made using just one big pan.
Summer and heat can be a bit overwhelming, but it has some great things too, like being able to go to the beach, the sun, the clothes you can wear and over all, the food.
Now, this is a dream to me. I happen to love eggs. It´s my thing. I like them fried, poached, boiled, scrambled, you name it. They just give everything something extra. It makes things be richer and more decadent.
If you like this recipe make sure to go see our eggs benedict.
Sweet potato and broccoli breakfast hash
- 1 sweet potato medium sized
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Peel and chop the sweet potato in medium size pieces. Cut the broccoli into small pieces.
- Put a big pan over medium heat with some oil. Once hot, add the sweet potato and cook for about 10 minutes until it starts to turn golden borwn.
- Stir in the broccoli along with some salt to taste, paprika, oregano and garlic powder and cook for another 8 minutes or until the broccoli turns a brighter shade of green and the sweet potato is fully cooked.
- Once ready, serve the hash on two plates and put the pan back on the heat with some more oil.
- To "fry the eggs", crack them open on the pan and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until they can be easily taken out. If you want to have a runny egg yolk take off the heat and serve, if not, flip them once and cook them on the other side, or keep cooking them for longer.