Peanut butter banana ice cream. There is something I like so much about this recipe and it is not the ice cream part, is the banana part. Banana is a great fruit because of its texture, flavor and versatility. Banana is the best to make fresh and healthy ice creams because it also goes great with many other flavors.Jump to Recipe
This peanut butter banana ice cream recipe is actually suitable for vegans. Just some bananas, peanut butter and something to sweeten it and it´s done.
The ideal thing is to make the ice cream using a food processor since it “blends” everything without needing to add water which is just what we want here but you could ailso make it in a blender, the only thing is the consistency will probably end up being different. Then you just have to freeze the ice cream for a few hours and that´s it.
The bananas we use for this recipe should not be ripe nor green entirely, for the ice cream to have a better consistency. Since the banana is the base of it all, you could actually change up the other ingredients, or add some more peanut butter or more sweetener. We here aim for a healthy ice cream which is why we use a natural peanut butter and agave nectar.
The best of this ice cream is that it is so cheap and easy to make since it is mostly made of bananas. You can of course, make as much as you want and keep it in the fridge for whenever you feel like eating some ice cream.
If you don´t really care for peanut butter you could use almond butter or chocolate instead, thos two would be good replacements. Our favorite is peanut butter which is why we bring you here this recipe.
Peanut butter banana ice cream
- 4 bananas big (not green nor ripe)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp plant based milk (almond, coconut, soy)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel and slice the bananas. Place the slices in a container with a lid and freeze for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once frozen, put the banana in a food processor or blender and add in the peanut butter, plant milk, agave nectar and vanilla. Process or blend for 2 to 3 minutes until you get a soft thick mixture.
- Put the ice cream in a big container and freeze for at least 2 hours until for it to thicken. Once ready, serve with some more peanut butter or fruit.