This chia pudding is so easy and quick to make. But before talking about today’s recipe, we want to talk a little about the chia seeds, which are the hispanic sage’s edible seeds, a flower plant native of the center and south of Mexico.Jump to Recipe
Chia seeds have a high nutritional value, since they are a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid, and they have antioxidant properties, plus, they are full of vegetable protein, fiber, calcium and iron.
This chia pudding, since it is mostly made out fo chia seeds, is great to achieve a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. You can eat it for breakfast, as a snack, dessert, or even for dinner. Besides, you can make it to be completely free of animal products if using vegetable milk, such as almond, soy or coconut milk.
The best way to make a chia pudding is to let it rest overnight. It will be creamier because thye chia will absorb most of the liquid. You can eat this along with some fresh fruit, almond butter or nuts.
Today’s recipe is quite simple, but can be flavored as you like. You can, for example, use matcha powder, cocoa powder, curcuma, mashed fruit or even some oatmeal. We bring you here a base recipe that you can personalize.
The important thing sbout this recipe is to use the right proportion of chia and milk. It actually calls for a small quantity of chia seeds and a lot of milk, thiw is because the seeds will absorb most of the liquid.
Chia seeds are one of those things we sometimes do not know how to eat. Because it seems boring and not flavorful. Generally, that’s why there are not many dessert recipes that call for chia, but it is used a lot to give extra texture or instead of uding eggs, since it’s a good substitute. Now this recipe, is all chia, which is amazing.
To this basic chia pudding you can add, besides the milk, yogurt for a cremier consistency, which will end up to be something like an arroz con leche, but low carb and more nutriciously dense.
If you like this recipe, you have to go see our overnight oats, or our oatmeal porridge.
- 1/4 C (1.41 oz) (40 gr) chia seeds
- 1 C (8.11 fl oz) (240 ml) milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) (30 ml) honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp (2.87 fl oz) (85 ml) vanilla extract
- For the topping: fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruit, yogurt, jam (opcional)
- Put the chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract in a container (that has a lid preferably) and mix using a fork.
- Let it rest for 3 minutes and mix again. Put the lid on the container and refrigerate the pudding for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the pudding with the desired toppings.