Today we bring you here a vegan chocolate mousse.. a quick dessert that is easy and calls for only a few ingredients. So this is perfect for the holidays, not ot spend so much time in the kitchen.Jump to recipe
As many of you may already know, our brother and sister in law are vegans. So the few times we see them we try to eat like them, as vegans. Which is why, when we all gather, we make vegan recipes, meals, desserts, snacks, etc.
The thing is there are several vegan recipes that are just amazing and some others that you have to know how to make in order to get them right. Our specialty are not vegan recipes, but we do something vegan every so often, specially desserts, as that’s our strenght and we can experiment as much as we want to.
This vegan chocolate mousse could easily not be vegan but rather be only made to be “healthy”. This is one of those recipes you can easily modify because of the few ingredients it calls for. For example, instead of coconut cream you could use avocado, and you would get the same consistency but a different flavor.
Chocolate is one of those things most of us like, specially for this time of the year. Plus, this is a vegan dessert, so pretty much everyone can eat it, it is delicious and it is made really quickly.
Chocolate and more chocolate in this mousse for us to enjoy. If you like this recipe, you have to go see our brownie cheesecake.
Vegan chocolate mousse
- 1 can (13.52 fl oz) (400 ml) coconut milk or cream
- 1/2 C cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3/4 C semisweet vegan chocolate , cut into chunks
- 1/4 tsp (0.06 oz) (1.7 gr) salt
- 4 tbsp (2.11 oz) (60 gr) sugar , the one you prefer or another sweetener
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) vanilla extract
- In a medium size pot, put half of the coconut cream. Add in the cocoa powder and vegan chocolate and cook for 3 minutes using a hand whisk.
- Add in the rest of the coconut cream, salt and sugar and mix to integrate. Cook for 2 minutes until the chocolate is melted and we get a soft and smooth mixture.
- Take the pot off the heat, add in the vanilla extract and keep mixing with the whisk.
- Pour the mixture into 4 separate small serving glasses and refrigerate them for at least 4 hours or overnight for the mousse to turn firm.
- Once ready, decorate the mousse with some fresh berries, or using any other tipping you like.