This tuna and egg salad is one of the easiest recipes out there. There are many variations to this same recipe, and they always taste great. We make it all the time because it is simple and really good. It is one of those recipes that are perfect for when you are ina rush.Jump to Recipe
There are many variations to this, we like it this way we show you here, but if nyou wanted to get more creative you could also add, for example, some cherry tomatoes instead of the usual ones, olives, both green and / or black, and maybe some soft white asparagus.
The crucial thing here is to add some good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top, because it gives it a lot of flavor. It is also important to add some freshly grinded black pepper on top if you can because it gives an amazing flavor and smell, if not, then just add the normal powdered black pepper, and it will still be good.
Now, when it comes to the egg, we like it to be completely done, with the egg yolk cooked. I some people like it to be runny on the inside or soft, but for this recipe in particular, we think its best to use a completely cooked egg.
Now, as for the lettuce, we prefer using a variety of lettuces, to have more color and flavor, but you cuold just use one type of lettuce. I you do, we recommend using the iceberg lettuce or romain, since they have more water content and are crispier than some other types of lettuce.
This recipe works wonderfully with any type of dressing or vinaigrette you like, because it has simple flaavors. We like tis with just some oilive oil and balsamic vinegar, but feel free to add any type of dressing you like!
If you like this recipe you have to go see our spicy chicken salad, you will love it.
Tuna and egg salad
- 2 cans tuna, in oil or water
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 salad tomatoes
- 2 eggs, medium size
- 5.30 oz (150 gr) mized lettuce
- Olive oil, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Place a small pot with water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Open the tuna and corn cans and drain the liquid.
- Once the water is ready, add in the eggs and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until they are ready (the egg yolk must be cooked).
- Cut each tomato into 8 same-size slices. Place the lettuces in two salad plates.
- When the eggs are ready, carefully peel the shells and cut them into wedges or small cubes.
- To each salad plate add hald of the corn, tuna, tomato and egg, season with some salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil and balsanic vinegar on top.