These oven roasted carrots are everything we want a side dish to be. They are soft, crisp, golden brown, sweet and salty at the same time. They go great with any type of meat or dish.Jump to recipe
Plus, the best part is they are the easiest thing to do. You just have to toss them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven, quite literally.
I feel like carrots are one of those vegetables that don’t really get the love they desserve from all of us. Most of the time they are not what we focus on, and sort of become a part of some elaborate recipe. But this time, in this recipe, they are the main character.
The important thing here is to make sure to separate the carrot pieces from each other, this way they will actually roast and have that final result we want.
These carrots are simply amazing. They seriously taste great and are full fo flavor. When they are roasted like this they release all the juiciness.
Now, our recipe only calls for salt, black pepper and parsely, because we really don’t think these carrots need much more. But we are definitely thinking about making these with some more spices next time, and you should try that too.
See those delicious roasted, caramelized parts on the carrots? they are the best thing when biting tinto them. I can assure you, you’ll be impressed by this recipe, just give it a try.
If you like this recipe you have to go check out our perfect, the ultimate, the best ever mashed potatoes!
Oven roasted carrots
- 15 (2 lbs) (1 kg) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil, virgin
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Parsley, dry or fresh, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (200 º C). Toss the carrot pieces on a big baking sheet, and drizzle the oil on top of them, and add the salt and pepper to taste, making sure to coat each piece.
- Make sure to separate the carrot pieces from one another, so they cook and properly roast in the oven.
- Bake the carrots for 15 minutes to 400º F (200 º C), then take the baking sheet out of the oven and turn the carrots over, so they roast on the other side, and keep on baking for 15 more minutes to 400º F (200º C) until they turn golden brown and are softer.
- Take the carrots out of the oven and add some parsley, fresh or dry before serving.