This mango smoothie is probably one of our favourites. Summer, summer and more summer… we can’t get enough of this time of the year. I’m so happy to share with you a recipe that calls for my favourite fruit, mango.Jump to recipe
Smoothies are a very easy way to eat lots of fruit, and they can also be a very filling breakfast if you add the right ingredients to keep you satisfied and full.
I love a good mango smoothie, specially like the one here because it is very sweet without adding any extra sugar and also has a very smooth and creamy texture. Mango naturally adds a lot of body and sweetness to any drink.
I, personally, love mango, and at the same time it it is a bit troublesome for me to have to eat it in excessive quantities for only two months of the year, which is the season when there is a lot of mango in the area of Mexico where I live. I would really like to enjoy them all year round, as they are a delicious fruit, but surely the fact that it is only available for such a short period of time makes me enjoy them even more, because the rest of the year they are not so plentiful.
Where I live in Mexico is an area of very good mangoes, so much so that they are exported to many countries around the world, and they say that we keep the worst of them here. I’m not sure about that, but if so, I can imagine the mangoes they eat in those countries, and at what price.
Now, there are many varieties of mango, and many types, but you can make this smoothie with whatever type of mango you like and it will be great either way.
If you like this recipe you have to check out our virgin piña colada, a refreshing drink that, like this smoothie, is perfect for summer.
- 2 fresh mangoes (cut into small dices), or 2 C frozen mangoes
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 C (4 oz) (120 ml) milk of your choice
- 1/2 C (4 oz) (120 ml) Yogurt of your choice
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste (optional)
- Ice, needed amount
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute until all ingredients are perfectly integrated and the smoothie has a smooth, lump-free consistency.
- Serve the smoothie in two large glasses and garnish as desired.