This lemon ginger and peppermint water is very refreshing. It has that touch of mint and ginger, and the acidity of the lemon that makes the mixture spectacular.Jump to recipe
This recipe is so easy to make that it is hard to believe how tasty it is. It’s something simple and quick that works every time. It’s a perfect drink to have at home and feel like you pamper yourself, or look good when we have guests home too. It has a perfect flavor that does not tire you because it is not sweet. Plus, the mint leaves and lemon slices look great in the jug or pitcher or in the glasses when serving.
In this recipe we use the amounts of lemon, ginger and mint that we like, but you could add a little more lemon or mint, for example, if you particularly like the flavor of one of the ingredients.
It is very easy to make, the only thing to keep in mind is that once we put all the ingredients in the jug or pitcher, we must let the water rest for at least 4 hours. It is even better if we leave it overnight in the fridge, because this makes the ingredients release all their flavor in the water itself, leaving it very well flavored or infused.
As for using lemons or limes, use what you like best. In this case we used lemons, but you can use one or the other interchangeably without any problem. However, both the ginger and the mint or peppermint must be fresh to get the result we want.
If you like this recipe, you have to go check out our lavender lemonade, which I’m sure you’ll love.
Lemon, ginger and peppermint water
- 2 inches (4 cm) fresh ginger
- 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 12 leaves peppermint
- 50 oz (1 1/2 l) water
- On a cutting board, peel the fresh ginger and cut into small irregularly shaped pieces. Cut the lemon into slices.
- Place the ginger pieces, lemon slices and mint leaves in a jug in which to serve the water.
- Pour the water into the jug until full and place in the fridge or refrigerator for at least 4 hours, so that the water infuses all the flavors.
- After this time serve and enjoy.