This chocolate banana bread is everything we all love! It is moist, fluffy, full of flavor, crisp on the outside, oh and full of chocolate!Jump to recipe
Chocolate and banana is one of those combinations that always work. And it is one of those things that most people seem to enjoy and love. The banana gives this pound cake a lot of richness and flavor, while the chocolate gives it decadence.
Now this, as many other dessert recipes that call for bananas is better made with overripe bananas, since it is when they are the sweetest, most tender and full of flavor. Plus, I always say this, but using overripe bananas we wouldn’t otherwise eat to make desserts is one of the best ideas ever. You make sure not to throw away food and get something delicious while at it.
The oil you use here is important. Make sure to use one that is soft-flavored. Meaning it is best to avoid any olive oil, since it is usually really strong. It is best to use corn, canola or sunflower oil instead.
As for the brown sugar make sure to use this and not regular granulated qhite sugar, as brown sugar has a deeper flavor that goes well with this recipe.
Now, one of the charms of this chocolate banana bread is using chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, but it is completely optional, as it already calls for chocolate with the cocoa powder in some way.
This is an easy and quick recipe to make when in a hurry and in need to use some overripe bananas. The result is a soft, fluffy and full of flavor pound cake that melts in your mouth. Crispy on the outside and with chocolate chips or chunks for an extra something.
If you like this recipe, go ahead and see our healthy banana bread or our chocolate pound cake.
Chocolate banana bread
- 1 C (4.50 oz) (130 gr) all purpouse flour
- 1/2 C (1.50 oz) (42 gr) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (0.17 oz) (5 gr) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (0.08) oz (2.5 gr) salt
- 3 bananas, medium size, overripe
- 1/4 C (1.97 oz) (56 gr) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 C (2 fl oz) (60 ml) vegetable oil, soft flavored (sunflower, corn, etc.)
- 3/4 C (5.30 oz) (150 gr) brown sugar
- 1 egg, big
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl) oz (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 C (4.60 oz) (130 gr) chocolate chips, semisweet (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F (180° C). Line a pound cake pan of about 9.8 x 4 inches with high walls with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour with the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately, in a large bowl add the banana and mash it with a fork until you get a thick paste.
- Add in the butter, oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand whisk (or electric mixer) for 2 minutes until everything is well integrated.
- Add the flour mixture and beat for 1 minute until smooth and lump-free. Optionally, chocolate chips can be added.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 375º F (180° C) for approximately 50-55 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Once ready, let the banana bread rest for 10 minutes inside the pan. Then, turn it out and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.