These spicy baked potatoes are one of the best ways to make potatoes. They are very easy and quick to make, plus they are baked in the oven and are full of flavor.Jump to recipe
This recipe calls for a very few ingredients, and they are things that we almost always have at home. The fries can be eaten as an appetizer, as a snack, or as a side dish with other things, along with a hamburger, hot dog, or whatever we want.
Making fries or French fries, when they are fried, is a bit of a disaster sometimes, because the kitchen gets very messy, which with this recipe does not happen. Besides, we could say that they are a less greasy version, because they are precisely made in the oven.
The spice we put in this recipe is paprika. Here, in fact, you can also add a little cayenne pepper, but that is optional, because many people can’t stand any kind of spice or chile.
We love it, because it is a simple and great way to eat potatoes, which some people sometimes don’t know how to cook or what to di with them.
Now, as for the type of potato to use, we always prefer, for this kind of things, to use the special ones for frying. This type is usually much more yellow in color than others, and they are a little harder, which means that they withstand any kind of cooking much better.
For the fries to come out quickly and not take so long in the oven, we recommend cutting them quite thin, in sticks like normal French fries, and so they don’t take so long in the oven.
if you like this recipe you have to see our french fries, which are french fries and are delicious!
Spicy baked french fries
- 4 (10.50 oz) (300 gr) potatoes, better if they are for frying
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (180ºC) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the potatoes and cut into thin sticks, like potato chips, and place in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the potatoes and mix with a spoon or by hand so that all the potatoes are covered with spices. Place them as separate from each other as you can on the baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes at 375ºF (180ºC) for 25 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and crispy. Serve with mayonnaise, mustard or toppings of your choice.