Via Granados is “the restaurant” to go to for a good Sunday lunch. That is the best description for this place. And I say Sunday because it is the best place to eat with family or friends in those moments when all you is to eat well!
Besides the restaurant is beautiful on the inside. But here (as it is not the case with a lot of restaurants) the food is the main show, and that’s how it’s supposed to be.
Everything, and I mean everything we tried, I loved. There was nothing that left me feeling like something was missing or not quite right. Everything from the wine we ordered to the fries were delicious. We ended up leaving this restaurant very full, because we didn’t want to leave anything on our plate because of how good everything was. We were very satisfied, happy to have eaten there.
We ordered a salad, padrón peppers, bread with tomato, grilled eggplants and a steak to share. The steak is served with french fries on the side. The meat is really good, one of the best I have ever tasted in my life. They serve it with a kind of grill on the side, and quite raw, so that everyone can cook it a little to the point they want to eat it, which makes sense and is also fun.
The salad is very tasty, the combination of flavors and textures is perfect, but what we liked most of all were the eggplants. Everything was great, but the eggplants were the best of it all. They have a spectacular flavor. On their own, with just a little oil and salt, they are, without exaggeration, the best eggplants I have ever eaten. We originally wanted to order artichokes, but they were no longer in season, so we ordered the eggplants as a second choice, and we have zero regrets.
The padron peppers were very good, and the bread with tomato, crispy and soft, with lots of flavor, as it should be.
The only thing we left were a few fries, because we preferred to finish the meat and the rest of the food. Eating here is a sure bet every single time.
- What we ordered: Berenjenas a la brasa (eggplants), ensalada de burrata con tomates secos y albahaca (burrata salad), pan con tomate (tomato toasts), pimientos de padrón (padron peppers) y chuletón de ternera a la brasa 1kg para compartir (steak)
- What we recommend: Berenjenas a la brasa (eggplants), ensalada de burrata con tomates secos y albahaca (burrata salad) and chuletón de ternera a la brasa 1kg para compartir (steak)
- Average ticket: 35€
- Website: https://www.viagranados.com/
- Hacen reservas: Yes
- Noise level: Medium
- Address: Carrer d’Enric Granados, 67, 08008 Barcelona
- Would I go back: Of course