These deep fried oreos are great. For us, they were a surprise. The truth is that the idea of fried oreos may sound like a bit too much, because the oreos already have a lot of flavor by themselves. Still, making these deep fried oreos is always a good idea. When the oreos are fried, they get soft, and the filling somehow “melts” a bit, and the flavor they have is wonderful.Jump to recipe
Deep fried oreos consist of oreo cookies covered with pancake or hot cake mix, which is prepared in a particular way so that it has the desired consistency to be used to coat and fry the oreos. It has to be of a thick consistency so that it sticks well to the cookies and stays there when fried.
The result is an oreo cookie filled pancake ball that is soft inside and out, and is fluffy and a little sweet. The taste is great because the combination of the chocolate of the oreo with the pancake batter is very good, it’s like eating pancake with oreos on top, but better, because the cookie is caught in the middle of everything.
To accompany the fried oreos, people usually put a little powdered sugar or powdered sugar on top, to give them a little extra sweetness, because they are not that sweet by themselves.
This is one of the easiest desserts to make and it always looks good. Besides, we know people who normally don’t like oreos very much, but made like this, they love them, they are so good!
If you like this recipe, you have to check out our oreo cheesecake recipe, you will love it!
Deep fried oreos
- 18 oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 C (6.80 oz) (195 gr) pancake mix (flour), your favorite one
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C (6 fl oz) (180 ml) whole milk
- 1 tbsp (0.50 fl oz) (15 ml) vegetable oil, soft flavored (sunflower, corn, etc.)
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 C (1 oz) (30 gr) confectioners sugar (powdered)
- Vegetable oil, soft flavored (sunflower, corn, etc.) for frying
- Place enough oil (about 3 fingers) in a medium saucepan and bring to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, add the pancake flour with the egg, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Beat for 1 minute with a hand whisk or fork until smooth and homogeneous.
- Once the oil is very hot, take each oreo cookie with a fork, dip it into the mixture so that it is completely covered and then place it in the oil to fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. You can fry up to 4 oreo cookies per batch and it is important to turn them over so that they are well browned on both sides.
- When the fried oreos are ready, place them on a plate with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil and then sprinkle them with some powdered sugar.