This coconut ice cream is wonderful! It’s sweet, fresh, and with lots of coconut flavor, which we love. From my point of view, recipes that are made with a specific ingredient have to taste like the ingredient they are from. I mean, a strawberry cake has to taste like strawberries, or blueberry cookies have to taste like blueberries, otherwise, the ingredient in the recipe is not really the main ingredient.Jump to recipe
This is why, in the case of our recipes, they all taste a lot like the ingredient or ingredients they are made with.
Ice creams, for the summer, are a beauty, especially if they are cool and do not have too much milk in the base, to be able to withstand the heat that comes in these months and also have something sweet that satisfies us.
This coconut ice cream has coconut cream (coconut cream) and also dried coconut, which gives it an intense coconut flavor, because it does not have many other ingredients in the mix. It is an ice cream or snow that can be easily made at home, the only thing you really need is to have a food processor of some kind, which can be one of the typical ones, or a smaller one of those used to make individual smoothies or shakes, that is more than enough.
This snow or ice cream is smooth, creamy and fresh tasting with a sweet touch that goes very well. It is great with vanilla cookies, or by itself.
If you like this kind of ice cream recipes we recommend you to see our basil ice cream recipe, you will love it!
Coconut ice cream
- 2 C (16.20 fl oz) (480 ml) coconut cream (canned), really cold
- 1/2 C (3.50 oz) (100 gr) sweetener, your choice (white sugar, maple syrup or any other sugar sustitute)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp (0.033 fl oz) (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 C (2.60 oz) (75 gr) unsweetened, shredded dry coconut
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a balloon whisk for 1 minute until smooth and homogeneous.
- Pour this mixture into an ice cube mold and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Once you have ice cubes from the mixture, place them in a food processor or high-powered blender and puree until the ice cream texture is formed.
- The ice cream can be consumed directly crushed or it can be frozen preferably for another 2 hours to make it firmer.