Cheesy bread great! This recipe is to make a cheesy bread, the classic one we all know and love, like the ones that are often sold in pizza places. It is an easy recipe to make that is made using one of our recipes to make a pizza dough, which we call the best pizza dough, making only half of the recipe, and then topping it with cheese and spices.Jump to recipe
The result is amazing. It’s the kind of thing that never fails, and is the perfect snack or side dish to eat along with many things.
The bread is made in one piece and then cut into smaller pieces so that each person can eat the portions they want. It is a bread made for sharing, and to eat before a main course.
This recipe lives up to it’s name, cheesy bread, because the main ingredient and protagonist in the recipe is cheese, for sure.
Besides being ideal as a snack or as a side dish for dinner, these are perfect to eat with a cheese platter, or charcuterie board, with some red wine to drink for example, for a celebration or special event, because they are almost bite size and easy to grab.
The type of cheese to use in this recipe is important. For us the ideal is to use mozzarella, because we prefer the flavor, although you could also use gouda, chihuahua or emmental cheese for example. The idea is to use a cheese that melts well, with a consistency similar to mozzarella cheese.
If you like this recipe you have to check out our garlic bread, but made from scratch, making the bread too! you will love it.
- Half of our recipe "the best pizza dough" (link down in the recipe notes)
- (200 gr) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp (5 gr) salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 3 tbsp (45 gr) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Once the dough is ready, form it into a ball and place it in a clean bowl with a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature to double in size.
- When 15 minutes are left before the 2 hours are up, turn on the oven at 200°C and place baking paper on a large baking tray.
- Once the dough has rested, place it on the baking sheet and stretch it with your hands until it covers the entire surface.
- Add the cheese with the salt and the rest of the spices on top of the dough. Add the butter cubes on top of the dough and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes until the bread is golden brown. If there is a risk of burning, place a piece of aluminum foil over the bread during baking.
- Once the cheesy bread is ready, cut it into approximately 16 strips and serve as desired.