This grape sorbet is very famous, because it is an easy to make recipe that has spectacular results. A sorbet or sherbet is a kind of water-based ice cream that does not call for milk or egg yolks, as many typical ice cream recipes usually do.Jump to recipe
A sorbet, then, is a water-based ice cream that is light, fresh and smooth. This sorbet, specifically, is sweet and a little acidic, as are the grapes themselves. The taste of this ice cream is very good, and it is almost addictive.
Important points to mention: the recipe uses a sweetener, which can be regular sugar, honey or any other sweetener you like. In my experience, it can be made with sugar, but it is much better when you use some kind of liquid sweetener, because it is easier to mix when making the sorbet.
Another important point to mention is to use green grapes that do not have seeds, to simply crush them in the processor without having to remove the seeds first. Also, another important point is that before freezing the grapes, you can leave or remove the skin. Personally, I don’t mind leaving the skin on, and I like the texture at the end, but if it bothers you to notice the texture of the skin when eating it, is better to remove it before putting the grapes in the freezer.
This is going to be one of your favorite recipes, because it’s healthy, it’s easy to make and it’s quick. You’re probably going to want to have grape ice cream or grape sorbet in your freezer all the time now.
If you like this recipe, you have to check out our homemade coconut ice cream, you’re going to love it!
- 3 C green grapes, seedless, frozen
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) (30 gr) white sugar, honey or your sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) lime or lemon juice, natural
- The zest of one lime or half a lemon
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for about 1 minute until a thick, homogeneous puree is obtained.
- Place this grape puree in a tupperware container, close tightly and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the sorbet from the freezer 10 minutes before serving to make it softer.