This peach cake is delicious. It’s a dessert that feels very homemade and cozy, and has a lot of charm. It’s a simple, sponge cake with lots of peaches in the mix, which we love!Jump to recipe
It’s an easy recipe to make because you don’t need any weird ingredients or special utensils. With the things we usually have at home we can make it without a problem.
It is a recipe that makes you feel at home, because it is the typical thing that reminds me of the desserts that my mom used to make or that my grandmothers used to make. One of those desserts that make the kitchen and the whole house smell delicious.
The base is made of all the good stuff: butter, sugar, eggs, milk and flour. In addition to that some other ingredients to give it more aroma and more flavor, and of course, peaches, which are the key piece of this cake or pie. We love it when desserts taste like the ingredient they are made from, and the one they are named after, because in our opinion that is how it should be!
This is a moist, soft, sweet and fresh cake, because of the fruit. When it is ready you can decorate it with a little powdered sugar or powdered sugar, and with more fresh peaches or peaches.
One important thing is that you can remove or leave the skin on the peaches, as you prefer. Also, you can cut them into cubes or slices, as we did this time, these two things depend on what you like more.
Now, this dessert, as it has fruit, unfortunately does not last long in good condition. You have to eat it within a week, and keep it in the fridge or refrigerator. The first day you bake it, you can keep it outside for a few hours, but after that you have to put it in the refrigerator.
If you like this recipe, you have to check out our peach cobbler, you will like it for sure!
- 2 1/4 C (15.90 oz) (450 gr) fresh peaches
- 1 1/2 C (6.70 oz) (190 gr) all purpouse flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (0.26 oz) (7.5 gr) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.088 oz) (2.5 gr) salt
- 3/4 C (6 oz) (170 gr) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 C (7 oz) (200 gr) white sugar
- 2 eggs, big
- The zest of 1 lime or 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 C (2 fl oz) (60 ml) whole milk
- Confectioners sugar (powdered sugar) and more fresh peaches, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 356º F (180° C). Grease and line a round baking cake pan of approximately 9 inched (23 cm) in diameter with parchmet paper.
- To cut the peaches, peel them or leave them with the skin on. Cut them in half and then into slices or small cubes, as you prefer.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a large bowl and cream together with an electric mixer or hand whisk for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Add the lemon zest with the vanilla extract and beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 separate additions alternateling with the milk, mixing after each addition. Beat for 1 minute more until smooth.
- Finally, add 3/4 of the chopped peaches and continue to beat for a few seconds just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and sprinkle the remaining peaches on top. Bake at 356º F (180° C) for approximately 45 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes, then turn it out and put it on a rack to cool down for at least another 10 minutes.
- If desired, decorate with a little powdered sugar and peaches on top and serve.