This pumpkin pound cake is soft, full of flavor and spices. It tastes like everything fall should taste like. It’s cozy, rich and wholesome. It is a simple pound cake with pumpkin in the mix, as the main ingredient, and pumpkin, as we all know, works great for all kinds of desserts or sweet recipes, and this one is no exception.Jump to recipe
This recipe calls for oil as the fat, and not butter, which makes the result sort of creamy, and moist when it is ready, which I love. Now with this it is important to use a soft flavored oil, that is, not olive oil, but a neutral flavor, such as corn or sunflower oil, or something similar. Also, it calls for both baking soda and baking powder.
Another point that I love, and that makes this pound cake taste awesome is that we use white sugar and also brown sugar at the same time, which gives it that flavor that less processed sugars have, almost honey-like, in a way.
This dessert is ideal to have at home and have for breakfast everyday with your morning cup of coffee (if you drink coffee) or with your favorite fall drink, we all have one.
This pound cake smells delicious and is very aromatic, because of all the spices in the mix, and the very pumpkin as well.
For the pumpkin puree, it is important for it to be unsweetened. It can be canned, storebought, or made naturally at home, by boiling the pumpkin to cook it and then mashing it, both options work just fine.
If you like this recipe, then you have to check out our pumpkin pie, which is great and perfect to celebrate this season with your loved ones!
Pumpkin pound cake
- 1 1/2 C (195 gr) all purpouse flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 gr) salt
- 1 tsp (5 gr) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.2 gr) baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 C (120 ml) vegetable oil, soft flavored (canola, sunflower)
- 1 C (200 gr) white sugar
- 1/3 C (66 gr) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, big
- 1 1/2 C (360 gr) unsweetened pumpkin puree, natural or canned
- Preheat the oven to 338º F (170° C). Line a rectangular baking pan with high walls of 9.80 x 4.80 inches (25 cm x 12 cm) with parchmet paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Place the oil in a large bowl with the two types of sugar and beat with a hand whisk or electric mixer for 2 minutes until the mixture lightens in color and turns fluffier.
- Add the vanilla extract and then the eggs one at a time, beating after each one to mix well. Beat for 1 more minute until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat until fully integrated. At this point the mixture may be a little lumpy but it is fine.
- Mix in the flour mixture in three separate additions, beating after each one. Beat just until the ingredients are integrated and there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 338º F (170° C) for approximately 50 minutes until a wooden stick comes out clean when inserted.
- Once ready, remove the pound cake from the oven, let it rest for about 10 minutes inside the pan and then carefully turn it out and enjoy.