These chocolate truffles are a very concentrated chocolate shot, and they are delicious! Chocolate truffles are called this way because they are reminiscent of black truffles, which are a very special and delicious ingredient, irregularly shaped, but usually in the form of a little ball.Jump to recipe
Well, these truffles are made of chocolate, and they are very easy to make. Besides that, they are super quick to make too, and not at all complicated. If you look at the list of ingredients you will notice that all of them are ingredients that most of us already have at home, in our pantries, or that are very easy to get, so there is no excuse.
This is the perfect kind of dessert, or snack, for all of us chocolate lovers. They are great to make and leave at home, to eat when you have a craving for something sweet.
As you may notice, the recipe calls for coffee to make these truffles, and this is because coffee makes the chocolate flavor much more “concentrated”, and makes it taste more intense, in a way. When you taste them at the end, you will realize that the truffles do not taste like coffee, but they taste very intensely of chocolate, and this is the objective, this is exactly what we want.
The filling is soft, with a velvety texture, and a layer of cocoa powder in the end that tastes and looks great! You can put anything on top, peanuts, shredded coconut, nuts, or any ingredient you like in combination with chocolate.
This is a dessert that you have to try, because it is absolutely worth it! If you like this recipe, you have to check out our double chocolate cookies, you are going to love them!
- 8 oz (227 gr) dark chocolate (70% cocoa), cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp (0.53 oz) (15 gr) unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee (soluble)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 C (6 fl oz) (180 ml) whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 C (1.48 oz) (42 gr) unsweetened cocoa powder, for decorating
- Shredded coconut, peanuts, sprinkles, etc. (optional)
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, soluble coffee and salt, which can be done in two ways. The first is in a double boiler, placing a medium pot with plenty of water over medium heat. Then, add these ingredients to a large heat-resistant bowl and place it on top of the pot with water (without touching the water) so that they melt with the steam.The second is in the microwave, adding these ingredients to a large microwave-safe bowl and then melting them for 30-second intervals, i.e., put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and take it out after this time to mix a little with a fork. Repeat the process until both the chocolate and the butter are completely melted.
- Separately, in a large bowl add the very cold whipping cream with the vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer or a hand whisk for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form and the cream is fluffy. It is important to beat only to this point and not to overbeat.
- Carefully add the chocolate mixture (which should already be cold) to the bowl with the whipped cream and mix with a rubber spatula until both mixtures are integrated and there are no lumps. At the end you will have a very smooth and creamy mixture.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so that the mixture hardens a little and the truffles can be formed.
- Once the mixture is firmer, form the truffles. To do this, using your hands form small balls the size of 2 teaspoons each and place them on a tray with baking paper so they do not stick. Refrigerate the truffles for 15 minutes.
- When the truffles are firmer, dip them in the cocoa powder to coat them completely. If desired, they can also be decorated with shredded coconut, chopped peanuts or colored sprinkles.