I know there´s a lot of people that don´t like these type of dishes because they´re said to be unhealthy. BUT, for me there´s really not such thing as junk food, as I see it as long as you cook your own food it will be healthy enough. Of course this won´t be an everyday meal, but every once in a while when you have a huge craving, this is great!.
A lot of people asks us quite frequently why we, even when we cook a lot, are not fat?” and I just laugh, beacuse partly, we luckly managed to inherit our mom´s body type, but in reality the only trick here is I eat in moderated quantities, that and a little exercise, that´s how I´m able to eat whatever I want and stay healthy, which is what really matters if you ask me.
So that day you want to cook this, and because they turn out to be way better than eating them in a bar, cook them as they are suppoused to be, without trying to replace ingredients trying to make them “light”.
Eat them along with carrot, celery and ranch dressing, that´s the best combo.
- 1 1/2 C all purpouse flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Vegetable oil, enough for frying
- 1 C buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a different bowl, a small one, mix the whole milk, and the eggs and mix until integrated.
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces (about 1 1/4 inch x 1 1/4 inch – 3cm x 3cm-).
- Soak the chicken pieces in the milk mixture, then put them in the flour mixture making sure to coat them completely, then repeat this step, put them in the milk and then flour them again, to end up with double coated chicken pieces.
- In a big frying pan, heat the oil until it´s hot enough for frying (to test it, use a small piece of chicken, a lot of bubbles should form around it and cook quite fast).
- Carefully, fry the chicken pieces, little by little. Take them out of the oil once they turn gold, making sure to get rid of the excess oil, and plce them on a plate with kitchen paper on it.
- In a small pan, heat the buffalo sauce along with the butter. It will be ready once the butter melts cmpletely.
- In a big bowl, pour the sauce, put the boneless in there, and using a spoon, turn them around to cover them entirely.