Boneless buffalo wings are just great! I know there´s a lot of people that don´t like these type of dishes because they’re said to be unhealthy. BUT, for me there´s really not such thing as junk food, as I see it as long as you cook your own food it will be healthy enough. The good thing is that it will for sure be healthier than buying this in the frozen section in the supermarket and also better than buying it from a fast food place. Of course this won’t be an everyday meal, but every once in a while when you have a huge craving, this is great!.Jump to Recipe
Everything’s about balance and we have to learn to eat intuitively, making sure we give our body the nutrients we need, no matter what type of diet we follow.
Now, of course you could make this boneless to be healthier or “light”. They could be made in the oven instead of fried, so you use much less oil. Or maybe just skip the butter at all when making heating up the buffalo sauce. But when it comes to these type of foods, as with many others, I truly think they should be cooked as they are supposed to, to fully enjoy them.
The best way to eat chicken boneless with buffalo sauce, is with some vegetables and dressings on the side. If you feel like it, you could also eat some cheese fingers or onion rings on the side. We really like using carrot and celery sticks, with some ranch dressing, that, to me, is the best combo.
When it comes to storing there, we recommend you coat only the pieces you will eat right away with the buffalo sauce. This way, if you need to store the remaining chicken pieces to eat the next day, for example, you can put them (already fried) in a tupperware with the lid on (with some kitchen paper towel it’s even better) and store the sauce in a different container. Whenever you want to eat them, just reheat both things separately and cover the chicken with the sauce.
If you like this recipe, you have to see our chicken fajitas recipe, you will totally love it.
- 1 1/2 C all purpouse flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- Vegetable oil enough for deep frying
- 1 C buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a different bowl, a small one, mix the whole milk, and the eggs and mix until integrated.
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces (about 1 1/4 inch x 1 1/4 inch – 3cm x 3cm-).
- Soak the chicken pieces in the milk mixture, then put them in the flour mixture making sure to coat them completely, then repeat this step, put them in the milk and then flour them again, to end up with double coated chicken pieces.
- In a big frying pan, heat the oil until it´s hot enough for frying (to test it, use a small piece of chicken, a lot of bubbles should form around it and cook quite fast).
- Carefully, fry the chicken pieces, little by little. Take them out of the oil once they turn gold, making sure to get rid of the excess oil, and plce them on a plate with kitchen paper on it.
- In a small pan, heat the buffalo sauce along with the butter. It will be ready once the butter melts cmpletely.
- In a big bowl, pour the sauce, put the boneless in there, and using a spoon, turn them around to cover them entirely.