Praline is a french form of confectionery, made with nuts and caramelized sugar, that can be colored or flavored in a lot of ways.
Praline can be called a dessert on its own since you can eat it just like that or you can use it as a cake topping or filling. Plus it is very versatile given that you can make it with almost every nut or dried fruit like pecans, pitachios, hazelnuts, etc. What really matters is that the nuts are previously peeled and toasted in a sauce pan or in the oven (which is better) and that you follow the directions.
- 1 C sugar
- 125 gr almonds, peeled and toasted
- Put the sugar in a sauce pan to low heat, and leave it there, so it melts slowly, without mixing or stiring at all (if you do the sugar will crystallize and the caramel won´t form).
- Cut almonds into small pieces.
- Once the caramel is done, sprinkle tha almonds all over it and tilt the sauce pan a little.
- Pour this mixture over a baking sheet lined with parchement paper and let it cool completely.
- Eat it or use it the way you need it.