My favorite food! Im so excited while writing this because I know there´s no person in this world who wouldn´t enjoy eating pizza; anyone who dares to say the contrary is lying. Put this pizza and a glass of Strawberry lemonade in front of me and i´m happy.
*This recipe makes 2 pizzas.
-For the dough:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 C warm water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 C bread flour or all purpose flour
- Tomato sauce, needed quantity
- Mozzarella cheese
- Two tomatos
- Black olives
- Fresh mushrooms
- Oregano, basil and garlic salt
- In a bowl, disolve the yeast and sugar in the water. Let it rest for 10 min. Add the oil and salt. Then add in the flour, slowly, mixing by hand, until you get a dough.
- Take the dough to the countertop and knead, using some more flour for about 5 min. Place the dough in a bowl with some oil, cover with kitchen plastic, and let it rest for about 45 min.
- While the dough rests, cut the olives, ham, tomatos and mushrooms.
- Place the dough on the kitchen countertop, and split in two pieces, one for each pizza, and roll out with a rolling pin into circles.
- Place each circle on pizza pans, pinch a little with a fork, pour just a little oil on top, and bake at 350°F for about 5 min.
- Take out of the oven. Put the tomato sauce on top, then the cheese and the rest of the ingredients, the spices at the end, sprinkled. Bake at 350° C for aprox. 15 min.
*We had some dough leftovers, so we made pizza-sitcks, that were eaten as a snack before the real thing.