My favorite food! Im so excited while writing this because I know there´s no person in this world who wouldn´t enjoy eating pizza; anyone who dares to say the contrary is lying. Put this pizza and a glass of Strawberry lemonade in front of me and i´m happy.
*This recipe makes 2 pizzas.
For the dough:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 C warm water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 C bread flour or all purpose flour
- Tomato sauce, needed quantity
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Two tomatos, sliced
- Ham, chopped
- Black olives, sliced
- Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Dried oregano and basil
- Garlic salt
For the dough:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let it rest for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate. Add the oil and salt an mix. Then add in the flour, slowly, mixing by hand, until you get a dough.
- Put the dough on the countertop and knead for about 10 minutes until you get a very soft and elastic dough. Place it in a bowl with some oil, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 2 hours until it doubles it size.
To make the pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 480° F (250° C) or at the oven´s highest temperature.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place it on the kitchen countertop and split in two pieces, one for each pizza.
- Using your hands, carefully strech each piece of dough until you get two big circles. Place each circle onto two pizza pans, floured, so the doug doesn´t stick.
- For one pizza, spread some tomate sauce and enough cheese on top. Then put your favorite toppings, like ham, fresh tomatoes, olives and mushrooms. Season the pizza with dried oregano, basil and garlic salt.
- Bake the pizza at 480° F (or at the oven´s highest temperature) for 20 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Once it´s ready, take it out of the oven and cut it in 8 pieces.
- For the second pizza, repeat from step 4 down.
*We had some dough leftovers, so we made pizza-sitcks, that were eaten as a snack before the real thing.