When we were little, my siblings and I went almost every satudary to this place where they sold yogurt, but not just any yogurt, homemade yogurt. They sold a few flavors, strwaberry, chocolate and plum, and I feel like I can say this is probably the best yogurt I´ve ever had. Perhaps it is, or maybe it was just that I was a kid and everything seemed a lot more fascinating, or maybe both.
My favorite was strawberry flavored. I asked for garnola and honey as toppings. They sold banana and oatmeal muffins there too. So when we decided on making these muffins recipe I couldn´t help but think about those muffins. And now whenever I try this recipe and these muffins I have flashbacks of our childhood, of my siblings, and of those saturdays.
Se sienten caseros, húmedos y esponjosos, todo lo que un muffin debería ser.
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 C bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C pecan nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 392°F (200°C)
- Line two muffins or cupcakes molds of 12 each with cupcake or muffin liners.
- In a big bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and sugar.
- In a different, big bowl, place the mashed bananas and the two eggs and mix using a mixer. Then mix in the milk, oil and vanilla, and keep on mixing.
- Add in the flour mixture, little by little, mixing after each addition. Keep on mixing until everything´s well combined.
- In a small bowl, place the chopped nuts, and spread some flour on them, making sure every piece is coated, this will avoid the nuts from falling and staying all in the bottom when baking.
- Add in the nuts to the mixture, and using a rubber spatula, mix them in.
- Pour the batter in the lined muffin cups, filling them to about 3/4 of their capacity.
- Bake at 392°F (200°C) for 15 to 25 minutes aprox. or until when inserting a wooden stick, this comes out clean. Let them cool down completely before eating them.