These baked honey balsamic brussel sprouts are the best way toe at brussel sprouts. I have a few recipes I like making with brussel srpouts, but this is for sure one of my favorites.
Brussel sprouts don´t get the love they desserve. I know a loto f people that don’t like them, And the thing is they do have a particular flavor. I, personally, love them, but I know many people that have a hard time eating them. So, we have to find ways to make them Delicious. This combination of honey an balsamic vinegar is amazing.Jump to Recipe
Here in Madrid our kitchen is not the same as in Mexico. Our oven here is small, so we can’t cook or bake as many things. But to be creative we don’t really need that much, and we are doing a good job creating recipes.
This recipe is easy to make and you just need a few ingredients, so there are no excuses. They are the perfect dish to eat along many things as a side dish or as the main course.
Now, this recipe (like many others), calls for salt. We usually use whatever type of salt we have at hand, bu the best idea is to use a coarse type of salt, because it will make it all better. So if you can get your hands on salt like this we strongly recommend it, specially for this recipe.
These brussel sprouts are golden brown on the outside and crispy when you bite them, then they turn soft and reléase all thosse great juices of the honey and vinegar.
If you like this recipe, you have to g osee our potatoes salad with pickles.
Baked honey balsmic brussel sprouts
- 0.6 lbs (300gr) brussel sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 392°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the sprouts and cut off the stem of each one and then cut them in half.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the sprouts, 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper, making sure each one gets coated. Turn them all upside up.
- Bake for 10 min. at 392°F (200°C). Then take out of the oven, add the rest of the oil, the vinegar and honey, and bake again for another 10 minutes or until they start to turn golden.