We are going to take our specialty, our classic Cheesecake and make it with chocolate, this is how this chocolate cheesecake came up, that not only does the crust or toppings have chocolate but also the filling, and pretty much everything. It is soft yet firm, and the base is a bit crunchy but soft still.Jump to Recipe
The best thing about this cheesecake is that it is not too sweet, even with all the chocolate. For all of you chocolate lovers, if you have tried many cheesecakes but wan to try something new, then this is perfect. The chocolate filling still has that traditional and so good, new york style cheesecake texture.
Cheesecake was one of those things we first started cooking. It was one of those things we first made before knowing anything about cooking at all. There were several times we made a complete disaster. We now have the recipe we love and that we are really proud of. Now we mostly use that recipe as the base and then change it co make different flavores cheesecakes. This chocolate cheesecake is spectacular.
It hsa that particular texture that new york cheesecakes have, as if it were cream, but firmer and smoother.
In this as with all of our other cheesecake recipes, we use a round pan, preferably a srpingform pan, which means the walls of the pan are detachable. If you want to make a good cheesecake you do need a pan like this, so the cheesecake doesn’t stick to the pan and you can turn it out succesfully.
For the crust:
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 oz (140gr) unsalted butter soft or melted
For the filling:
- 25 oz (720gr) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp all purpouse flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C whipping cream
- 3,8 oz oz (110gr) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 C whipping cream
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C).
- Ground the two types of cookies in the blender or in a food processor until you get a fine powder, and then place that in a big bowl.
- Agdd in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix using your hands or using a spoon until a sort of dough forms.
- Place this dough in a detachable pie pan previously greased and flatten with your hands to make the crust.
- Bake at 375°F (180°C) for 10 min. for it to turn golden brown.
For the filling and baking:
- In un bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar for 2 min. until you get a smooth mixture.
- Mix in the eggs, and then the vanilla, flour and heavy cream, and keep beating until everything´s fully incorporated and set aside.
- In a heat resistant medium sized bowl, place the chocolate. Pour the whipping cream in a different small pot and place this on the stove to medium heat until it starts boiling. As soon as this happens pour the boiling milk over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then beat using a spoon for 5 minutes. After this add this mixture to the cream cheese one to get a chocolate flavored filling.
- Carefully pour this mixtire over the already cooled down crust.
- Pour 3 cups of water in a heat resistant round or rectangular cake pan and place and place a metal kitchen grid over it, so that the cheesecake doesn´t have direct contact with the water. Then place the cheesecake on top of the grid and put it all like that in the oven (this way the cheesecake will bake in a double boiler).
- Let the cheesecake bake for 30 min. at 350°F and then drop the temperature to 325°F and bake for another hour aprox.
- Once the cheesecake has a slightly gold soft surface, turn off the oven but let the cheesecake inside it to cool down completely for 4 hours aprox. This step is crucial, for this way the cheesecak won´t suffer drasctic temperature changes and won´t crack on the surface.
- Once the cheesecake is at room temperature, take it out of the oven and out of the pan, to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour. We like leavign it in there overnight, as the results are better.
- Once ready we will put a chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake.
- To do this, in a heat resistant medium sized bowl, place the chocolate. Also, pour the whipping cream in a small pot and place it on the stove to medium heat until it boils. As soon as this happens pour it over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then beat using a spoon until fully incorporated and then carefully add this mixture on top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake once again for 30 minutes for the ganache to get cold.
- Once this time has gone by the cheesecake will finally be ready.