This lemon pie with cookies, for all mexicans (at least as far as I know) is a total classic. It is something so easy to make and so good, that even a child can make it, with someone there to help with the blender of course.Jump to Recipe
You only need a blender to make this pie. Plus, it is a pie or tart that does not need baking, you literally just put it in the freezer for the cream to turn firm and that it is.
In our case, we grew up surrounded by a lot of cooking, the kitchen is our parents house’s heart. My mom has always liked cooking, and there always was some type of dessert, it was her way of making something to comfort us and at least is healthier than lots of other things.
In our apple pie recipe post we mentioned our mom had a few recipes that were her go-to´s like that apple pie, and our mom´s cheesecake, well this is the dessert our father made for us. I still remember how it was: saturday noon, he would come home from work and takes us all to eat lunch and then to the movies (a tradition) and then to the supermarket. And once home he would take the ingredients to make this recipe out of the bags and ask us if we wanted to help him make this pie, my sister and I would jump out of excitement. He would do do the mixture and we would put the cookies in place, and at the end we would take turns to take the remaining mixture out of the blender with our fingers to eat it, which is so good!
If you like this recipe, you have to see our lemon meringue pie, you will absolutely love it.
Lemon pie with cookies
- 7 limes , or 3 to 4 lemons
- 400 g condensed milk (a can)
- 340 ml evaporated milk (a can)
- 400 g (aprox) maria cookies (about 3 tubes of cookies)
- In a blender, pour the condensed milk, evaporated milk and lime juice and blend until it is all well incorporated.
- In a rectangular pan of about 8 x 10 inches (20 x 25 cm) -or any other similar measurements) on the bottom, then pour some lime mixture over it and spread it, and then continue with a layer of cookies and mixture again, finishing with a layer of lime mixture.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or longer and cut in squares to serve.