Chocolate mugcake is actually one of the absolute best chocolate cake recipes, it’s soft, and so so moist, which makes it perfect. It has a chocolate flavor that is to die for compared to how easy it is to make. Now, a mugcake is an individual cake made in a mug. It is perfect for when you have a craving but don’t feel like cooking or you’re just lazy, or maybe you don’t want to have any leftovers.Jump to recipe
A mugcake is really interesting since it is made in a mug and in the mircowave. It is one of the easiest recipes to make any kind of cake, and you literally don’t need any kitchen utensil but the mug and a fork to mix the ingredients.
My favorite mugcake is a chocolate mugcake because i think it is the best flavor for these type of recipes that are fast and quick to make. When they are vanilla flavored, they can end up not as fluffy. So if you are making a vanilla mugcake it is a good idea to add soms fruit to it or some other specific flavor besides vanilla. But that’s just me.
These cakes can also be cooked in the oven. If you want to cook them like this you will have to bake them for about 18 to 20 minutes. But the thing is the best way to make these is in a microwave because of how fast it is. You just have to mix all the ingredients and cook it in the same mug for one minte. So if you don’t like cooking because of how long it takes, you have no excuse anymore.
If you like this recipe, you have to go see our mayonnaise or mayo chocolate cake, it is amazing. The mayo gives it an extra richness that it would not have otherwise.
- 3 tbsp (0.84 oz) (24 gr) all purpouse flour
- 2 tbsp (0.49 oz) (14 gr) cocoa powder , sugarfree
- 1/4 tsp (0.06 oz) (1.7 gr) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp (1.90 oz) (54 gr) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 C (2.11 oz) (60 gr) whole milk
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) (30 ml) vegetable oil , soft flavored (sunflower, corn, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp (0.04 fl oz) (1.2 ml) vanilla extract
- In a microwave safe mug of about 9.30 fl oz (375 ml), mix the flour along with the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add in the milk, oil, vanilla extract and mix for a few seconds using a fork until you get a smooth.
- Put it in the microwave and cook at high temperature from 90 seconds to 1 minute and a half until the mug cake rises and looks a bit firm on the top (the time will depend on the specific microwave). It is important not to overcook it so it is not hard, and be careful so it doesn't spill.
- Take out of the microwave and let it cool down for 1 minute before eating. You can eat it along with some ice cream, fruit, whipped cream or chocolate frosting.