These chocolate covered frozen banana pops are just great. Everything that has chocolate is delicious, we won’t deny this. Something can be super good, but if you add some chocolate, it will for sure be better. Well, in today’s recipe, we are taking bananas and adding chocolate, it is that simple yet that marvelous.Ir a la receta
Chocolate covered banana pops are called also frozen banana pops or chocolate frozen banana pops. They are bananas covered or “dipped” in chocolate with toppings on top. It could be nuts, sprinkles, or even cereal, oats, etc. They are generally eaten cold, because they are to be stored in the freezer. And they are so flavorful.
The fun part is using wooden popsicle sticks to make them easier to eat by bitting them, and they are also prettier this way. But you could, of course, skip them altogether if you wanted to.
Eating chocolate covered frozen banana pops reminds me of my childhood, when I would get out of school, in the heat, and my mom would sometimes buy one of these for me from a shop near the school (they also used to sell chocolate covered frozen strawberry pops, which is a recipe for another day, stay tunned). I really enjoyed both of them, they were fresh, sweet, colorful and surprisingly healthy too.
The best part about making these pops is that they are just to easy to make, and can be stored for a really long time in the freezer. So, this way, you can make lots of them and store them for months at a time if you wanted to.
Chocolate covered frozen banana pops
- 3 bananas, big
- 10.60 oz (300 gr) semisweet chocolate , cut into chunks
- Toppings: shredded coconut, nuts, sprinkles, etc.
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- Peel and cut the bananas in half to get 6 pieces. Stick the wooden popsicle sticks into them from the bottom up. Make sure the sticks hold the pieces of banana.
- Place each piece of banana on a big baking sheet with parchment paper so they don't stick and freeze them for 1 hour until they are firm.
- Before taking them out of the freezer, to melt the chocolate, put it in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds intervals, meaning you put it in and het it for 30 seconds, that take it out and mix it using a fork, and repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted (this is to keep the chocolate from burning).
- Place the toppings you want to use on plates, ready to decorate.
- Once the bananas are frozen, dip each piece straight into the melted chocolate and cover with the toppings, using a spoon if you need to (it is important to let the excess chocolate fall fack into the bowl when dipping the bananas in it).
- Quickly cover the banana with the toppings. Place it again on the baking sheet and repeat this process with all the banana pieces until you are done.
- Once all the pieces of banana are ready, freeze them for 30 minutes until they are firm.