Garlic bread is a recipe that reminds me of a lot of things. The frist thing it reminds me of is our father. Some few years ago, we would buy bread and make it garlic bread all the time, to have for dinner with our mom, with some glasses of wine, cheeses, and some ham. This reminds me of weekend nights.Jump to Recipe
In fact, there was a bakery really close to our home that used to sell this bread, prepared, to just put it in the oven and have it be ready. Our dad would always make sure those nights were special.
I also remember they used to sell this bread in an italian restaurant in our hometown when we were little, and they prepared it really similarly, with that particular smell all garlic breads have.
You will love this recipe, it is really easy to make and pretty simple also. It will definitely make you look good in front of friends, family or guests. It goes great with some cheeses, ham, deli meat, dried fruit, nuts, jam, olives, and fresh varied fruits, to make a snack platter.
You onlye need a few ingredients to make this bread, and then baking it for 20 minutes, and you will have an incredible bread, that looks and tastes amazing.
If you like this recipe, you have to go see our focaccia recipe, it is so crisp yet soft.
- 1 Piece of bread, baguette type or rustic bread
- 1/2 C (3.95 oz) (112 gr) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 C parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 7.77 oz (220 gr) Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 401º F (205° C). Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add the butter, garlic, parsley and parmesan and mix with a spoon. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice the baguette into 2.5 cm pieces aproximately, not cutting all the way, to be able to stuff the bread with our ingredients. Place the baguette on top of a big piece of aluminium foil.
- Using a kitchen brush or spoon, spread the butter mixture in between each slice, so the baguette is well impregnated.
- Wrap the baguette with the aluminium foil making sure to cover it entirely and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake the baguette for 15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and take off the foil, but only on the top. If you want to add the mozzarella cheese, now is the time. Place it in the middle of each slice using a spoon.
- Put the baguette back in the oven and bake again for 5 minutes until slightly golden brown and crisp.
- Once ready, cut the garlic bread with a bread knife and serve while still hot.