These peanut butter and blondies are simply delicious. They are the type of dessert that makes you feel cozy and at home, specially because they have the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly which we all love.Jump to Recipe
Peanut butter and jelly go together like apple and cinnamon, french fries and ketchup, or cookies and milk, it is that simple. It is probably one of the best combinations out there if you ask me.
One of my absolute favorite snacks is having a plan peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I love sort of savory and sweet taste at the same time, with some bread of course. Well this, is something like that but taken to a different level, taken to a brownie-like level (minus the chocolate).
Now, if you are wondering why they are called blondies: the name comes frowm “brownies”, but since they don’t call for chocolate and they are caramel color, people usually call them blondies, and I find it charming and cute. They have the same fudgy and cakey consistency all brownies and blondies should have.
Now, to this, we add our peanut butter and jelly combination, with a marble effect on top, and it is just amazing. Plus, they are filling and feel wholesome. They are specially great for kids, for a birthday party or a family gathering with kids around. They will for sure love these.
Now, as a note, for the swirling part of the recipe, this can be done with a wooden stick or knife. Make sure to not stick the knife too deep, as it will make the swirls not visible after baking, just form the swrils on the surface layer of the batter and don’t over do it. This way we will get those beautiful colors once they are done.
If you like this recipe, make sure to go see our classic brownies, the best recipe to make the most delicious brownies ever!
Peanut butter and jelly blondies
For the blondies:
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1/4 C peanut butter (creamy)
- 3/4 C + 1 tbsp brown sugar (light brown)
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 C all purpouse flour
For the toppings:
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1/3 C jam or jelly (choose your favorite flavor -we love strawberry-)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (176º C). Line a pan of about 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm) with parchment paper or aluminium foil and add some butter so that the blondies don't sitck to the pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave or heat-safe bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter together. then put it in the microwave or on the stove and heat it up while mixing just until the butter is creamy and soft.
- Then add in the brown sugar and whisk until fluffy, then add the egg, vanilla and salt and mix.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and add them into the previous mixture and mix with a rubber spatula just until the flour has incorporated (do not over mix). The batter will be thick.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan and even it out.
- For the toppings, in separate small bowls, warm up the peanut butter and jelly or jam. You can do it in the microwave or on the stove, we want these ingredients to be warm but not liquid.
- Drop the warm peanut butter and jelly in spoonfuls on top of the blondie batter making sure to leave some of the batter showing. Then, using a wooden stick or the tip of a knife, swirl the peanut butter and jelly together a little bit. Make sure to only stay on the surface of the batter, don't stick the kinfe too deep.
- Bake the blondies to 350º F (176º C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Then take them out and let them completely cool down. Then turn them out and cut the blondie square into 16 smaller squares and enjoy!