For when we want a quick and easy ice cream or snow, this 2 ingredient banana ice cream saves the day. It’s probably one of the easiest recipes we have, and its result is just amazing!
It’s a great recipe for a quick and easy ice cream.
We know it’s November but in northern Mexico it’s still a bit warm so we were in the mood for something cool and light. Nothing better for that than a banana ice cream that only has banana and almond butter, yes, only those two things. The almond butter can actually be replaced by any other ingredient, preferably without unsweetened, such as cocoa powder or coffee.
The best thing is that making this ice cream is very easy and the only thing you need is a food processor or blender with a lot of power because we want to crush the frozen banana easily.
I remember that the first time I made banana ice cream I put the whole bananas in the freezer, without peeling or cutting them up, and you don’t know what a pain it was to remove the peel after they where frozen, so I recommend you not to skip this step. The bananas should be peeled and cut into smaller pieces before freezing, because otherwise there will be no way to peel and cut them into pieces when you want to use them to make this ice cream.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it is suitable for almost anyone, because it has no added sugar, dairy, gluten and, if we omit the almond cream, allergens.
Besides, banana ice cream is a super healthy option and can be eaten at all times, for breakfast, as a snack, dessert or even dinner, or as a dessert after dinner. I like it a lot, because I feel that it somehow “cleans my palate” because of the texture it has and because it’s so fresh.
If you like this recipe you have to check out our basil ice cream.
2 ingredient banana ice cream
- 5 bananas, big, ripe (so they are sweeter)
- 5 tbsp (2.64 oz) (75 gr) almond butter, unsweeetened
- Peel and slice the bananas. Place them in a container with a lid and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, place the bananas in a food processor or blender and add the almond butter. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth and thick, like ice cream.
- Serve the ice cream immediately or place it in a large tupperware container, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours for it to take consistency. Once ready, serve with more almond butter, nuts or fruit.