Also, if you do not find it, it is a syrup that you can make at home, but the problem here is to find fresh elderflowers. It is a syrup that even though it is sweet, it is very fresh and light, so it is very good in this cocktail.Jump to recipe
I like this cocktail so much, that on my birthday, a few days ago, I prepared many of them for close friends, and we were at home drinking them while I had them paint a nopal with watercolors. The results were very varied, but I really liked the idea to celebrate something special. Besides, since they are so easy to make, if someone wanted more, it was very quick to prepare another one.
The hugo cocktail is a fresh, sour and sweet cocktail, which is perfect for the summer months, or hot weather. This cocktail is becoming more and more famous in Europe, and it is said that it originated in Italy, Germany or Austria, and now it is gradually becoming known in other countries.
It is a refreshing cocktail, which takes cava or champagne, sparkling water, lime and elderflower syrup or syrup. Now, in my experience this syrup is very difficult to get throughout America and also in Spain. In America it is best to look for it on Amazon, or in some specialty store in your city or even online, also keep in mind that they sell it in Ikea sometimes, so if you live in a city with an Ikea nearby this is your best option. And in Spain, the easiest way is to buy it in Ikea or in a specialized store. In the rest of the European countries, at least in the Nordic countries, it is easier to find this syrup or syrup.
If you like this recipe, you have to check out our recipe to make our virgin (non-alcoholic) piña colada.
- Ice cubes, small, for cocktails
- 24 leaves peppermint, fresh
- 1 lime, in slices
- 8 tbsp elderflower syrup
- 1 L (33 fl oz) (or bottle) champagne or cava
- 1 L (33 fl oz) (or bottle) unflavored soda
- Prepare elongated wine glasses, and put between 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the glass of ice in each one. Clap the mint leaves between your hands and place 2 or 3 large ones in each glass, so that the leaves release all their scent and flavor.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of lime in each glass, inside, or to decorate the rim. Pour 1 tablespoon of elderflower syrup in each glass.
- Fill about half the glass with cava and the rest with soda. Stir very well so that the syrup dissolves throughout the glass and enjoy.