Gluten free carrot cake is so good for any occasion. In fact, if you like carrot cakes, you have to check out our carrot cake recipe, it´s one of our classics and favorite recipes.
A yummy cake in so little time that seems almost impossible. This time we nailed totally nailed it: it is healthy, gluten free, free of refinated sugars and all done in a blender!!!Jump to Recipe
This recipe calls for 3 different types of gluten free flour: almond, oat and rice flour, that combine perfectly to give a good flavor and texture to this cake. Nevertheless, if you can´t get any of these flours or you´d rather avoid one of them, you can use only two types of flours or even just one of them (though this will affect the cake´s resulting texture).
Another thing about this cake is that is doesn´t call for any dairy, which is why is safe for lactose intolerant people or people that just want to avoid dairy to eat.
We did not know what else we could have added or skipped to make it healthier, that´s why we leave the decoration part up to you, as you can add whatever you want. We ate this with some chocolate spread but it also tastes great with some citrus jam, whipped cream or dulce de leche. However you eat it, it is best to eat it once it has completely cooled down and with a glass of milk.
We have to say we like showing you all types of of recipe and that is why you have this recipe and sometimes a sugary chocolate cake. We understand there´s a whole food world out there and try to vary. We are the perfect example, we like to take care of ourselves by eating wholesome healthy food, but once in a while we do eat a good hamburguer, and do it happily without regrets.
Satying at home makes us feel like cooking or baking, sweet or savory. Sometimes we don´t have the space to store the food in the fridge or in our bellies. Which is why sharing and gifting is best, when it comes to anything pretty much, but specially with when it comes to food, it is something that just makes you feel great.
We hope this recipe makes you feel like baking and sharing with your loved ones.
Gluten free carrot cake
- 4 eggs
- 3 (0.50 lb) (210 gr) carrots medium size
- 2/3 C (7.40 oz) (130 gr) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 C + 1 tbsp (3.20 fl oz) (95 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (0.17 fl oz) (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 C (2.80 oz) (80 gr) almond flour
- 3/4 C (2.80 oz) (80 gr) oats
- 1/2 c (2.80 oz) (80 gr) rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (0.35 oz) (10 gr) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.07 oz) (2 gr) salt
- Preheat the oven to 375ªF (180ºC). Grease a cake pan with walls (we use a square shaped one of 8.70 inches -22 cm-) and line it with parchment paper.
- Peel and chop the carrots in small chunks and put them in a blender along with the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract and blend until you get a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
- Add in the flours, baking powder and salt. Blend again until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour this mixture in the cake pan and bake for 35 – 40 min. or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Once ready, let it cool down and then cut it into squares. Decorate as you wish, we used a chocolate spread this time.