This 3 ingredient mango ice cream is everything we all want for summer. It is a water based ice cream or “sorbet”, if you will, made with honey as a sweetener, and coconut cream, for a tropical feel.Jump to recipe
When it comes to summer treats, it doesn’t get that much better than this. We all want something sweet and fresh to help us with the heat.
This is a mango ice cream that feels tropical, it is full of flavor, healthy and really delicious. And the best part is, it’s really easy and quick to make, and with just 3 ingredients! simply amazing.
Now, you do have to consider that you need the mango to be frozen, so you either have to buy the mango already in cubes and frozen or buy the fresh mango and cut it and freeze it yourself. If you prefer buying the fresh mango, then make sure you have the time to cut it and freeze ahead of time, so that you have it ready for when you need it to make this recipe.
As for the coconut cream, there are many types of coconut cream and brands that sell it. Some of them are already sweetened, in which case you would be fine cutting down the honey you use. But some of them are unsweetened, which is better.
Now, make sure you buy a coconut cream that has a good texture to it and is dense, as it works better for this recipe. If you decide to use coconut milk, it will be just fine, but it is better to use coconut cream instead.
Another tip is, if you don’t really enjoy the taste of coconut, you could simply use regular cream or even evaporated milk to make this recipe, and it will be richer and unctuous.
If you like this recipe, then make sure to go see our basil ice cream, you will love it.
3 ingredient mango ice cream
- 3 C natural mango in cubes and frozen
- 1 can (13.50 fl oz) (400 ml) coconut cream
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) (30 ml) honey or agave syrup
- Add the mango cubes in a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds until you get really small pieces.
- Add in the coconut cream and honey and blend for 1 minute until you get a soft and smooth ice cream consistency.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and put a lid on it. Freese the ice cream for at least 3 hours for it to hold up and get firm.
- Once ready, serve the ice cream and eat it however you like.